Emerging Photographer of the Year 2011

Hooray! Photo Life, Canada's largest photography magazine, recently published my photo "On top of the world" as their "poster" for the upcoming 2012 competition! I am honored, and to be honest, a little surprised, since I didn't even know they were considering it! (I was previously named in their Emerging Photographer of the Year contest with that image.)

This is a photo of Mt Cheam, in Chilliwack. I finally reached the top nearly at sunset, after hiking several hours... just as this trio of hikers arrived. I didn't know them, but after a series of photos in this awesome setting, I introduced myself and showed the images. This is one of my favorites. So happy to share it! And I would totally recommend a hike up to the top if you are in to that sort of thing. The view is spectacular. See previous post for more pictures of the hike.

Comments